The Mercer County Retired Educators’ Association (MCREA) is an organization of over 1200+ members. MCREA’s members’ careers were spent in the schools of Mercer County, New Jersey.
We are unified with our parent organizations, the New Jersey Education Association (NJEA), the New Jersey Retirees’ Education Association (NJREA), the National Education Association (NEA), and the NEA-Retired Association.
Our Executive Board meets 10 times per year, except for July and January, at the Hamilton Public Library on the first Monday of the month.
We host three membership meetings/luncheons yearly, in the winter, spring and fall. These meetings do sometimes have issues for which our members vote.
In the words of our Executive Board members, MCREA ….. :
- is an extension of former participation within my local district affiliation.
- provides valuable information and support specifically targeted for retirees.
- is a gathering of vibrant and active people still interested in education, political action, and working for the good of all educators.
- is to be in the company of sages … and a band of brothers and sisters … and people who’ve meant so much to so many others … and who have mentored young educators and instilled a passion for teaching and kept that passion burning …..
- works to protect and improve retiree’s pensions and other benefits.
- provides opportunities for retired educators through advocacy, socialization, and service.
A support network relays critical information on a variety of issues which impact the retirement experience.
- provides information, social events and other activities to meet members’ needs and interests.
- assists in the promotion of better schools and community improvements in Mercer County.
- M ature Educators
- C ombining
- R etirement and
- E ducational
- A droitness
- is an organization that provides an opportunity to associate with other retired educators to continue our missions to assist youth and each other. It also provides knowledge of our hard-earned benefits.
- is a group of educators dedicated to preserving the rights of retirees, ensuring positive learning environments for students and teachers.
- it impacts the minds of the decision makers to ensure a thorough and efficient education is provided, as well as ensuring the benefits promised to retired teachers.
- The MCREA is the place where you can find all of your friends that you spent decades with preparing the next generation of responsible citizens. We have touched the future and we did a good job. It is also the place where we continue to work to secure our future.